PhD MDSc(Perio) BDS MRACDS (Perio)
Specialist in Periodontics
ITI Fellow (International Team for Implantology)
Gaston came to the South West in 2002 providing his specialist services from within several general dental practices. However he saw the need for a higher standard of care for patients with gum disease, so he set up our dedicated specialist periodontal clinic premises in Saltford, Bristol in 2006.
He gained his periodontal specialist qualification in Melbourne, Australia in 1992 (MDSc). Gaston’s expertise covers all aspects of periodontics and implant dentistry including regrowing bone and treatment of gum recession and gummy smiles.
Gaston's experience to date includes:
- Senior Clinical Lecturer in Periodontology at Bart’s & The London School of Medicine & Dentistry with his doctorate (PhD) focused on periodontal regeneration.
- Clinical research recognised with awards by the British Society of Periodontology in 1994 and European Federation of Periodontology in 2000. Gaston has published extensively in all the leading international periodontal journals.
- Awarded a scholarship in 2000 by the International Team of Oral Implantology (ITI) for a sabbatical year at the San Antonio Dental School, Texas, USA. Gaston became an ITI Fellow in 2002. READ MORE
- One of a handful of UK periodontists invited to participate in the 4th European Federation of Periodontology Workshop in 2002 to set international standards for clinical practice.
- Awarded the MRACDS (Perio) from the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons in 2009.
- Gaston is a member of many Periodontology and Implant societies including the Australian & New Zealand Academy of Periodontists and the American Academy of Periodontology.
GDC No: 61378